Sunday, April 22, 2007

Day 2, the Birthday Party

Saturday was Dad's 65th birthday party, the reason for my trip. I have to say, our stepmom Annette knows how to throw a party. We got there early, and hung out in the back yard until George came home from running errands. He was definitely surprised, even a little stunned to find us all there. It was so good to see him again, and everyone else too, and to sit and reminisce with the whole family about the "good old days" when we were kids. The cake was incredible, seriously one of the coolest cakes I've seen in person. The food was great, and enough to feed an army. Lots of salads, burgers, awesome ribs, fruit and veggie and cold cut trays, 20 kinds of cheese and a chocolate fountain. Annette and Michelle (at the bottom) did a fabulous job, so well organized. And special thanks to Annette for making this whole trip possible for me. I can't thank her enough, ths trip is something I really needed, and wanted to do for a long time, but I wouldn't have done it on my own.
By the time we got home we were all so tired half of us fell asleep on the couch watching Idiocracy. A total laugh out loud movie, I've got to see the rest of it, too funny.




No comments: