Sunday, April 22, 2007

So yeah, I'm famous.

After a frantic month of planning I'm finally here in B.C. and having a Fabulous time.
I flew in Friday, and I have to say, I felt like a total celebrity. I was able to arrange to sit with my little brother Matthew who happened to be flying in from Calgary on the same flight as me (total fluke, how cool is that?!) When we came down the ramp there was a crowd of 13 people, 7 of them with cameras in hand, waiting for us, all flashing pictures. On the way home we stopped at the Scrapbooking Swede (cool little store) where my sisters proceeded to show everybody my published work in some of the magazines they carry, propmting a request for autographs in several books. I was a little embarrassed by the attention, I'm kind of a low key girl, but it was pretty cool at the same time.

I will admit to shedding a couple tears as the plane took off in Hamilton, I really wish I could have brought Dave and the kids, it would have made the trip perfect. I miss them already. By the time I got to Calgary (where it was below zero and snowing!!!) I was starving, and had the best stuffed pizza EVER at this little place in the airport. I'm going to have to pick one uo on the way home too, YUM!
I had forgotten how beautiful this place is. I love how the highway goes right along the edge of the lake, with the gorgeous mountains in the background. I think I need to check out some local real estate while I'm here.

1 comment:

april said...

What a totally awesome cake! I've never seen anything like it.