Saturday, February 24, 2007

The "tween" phonomenon



So I finally got myself an MP3 player yesterday (actually DH got it for me) thinking it waould be great for listening to tunes while I work out. I've started running stairs again (up the escarpment, a fabulous leg/butt workout when it's not -20) and thought some high energy music would help keep me going. Of course I made the mistake of letting my 8 year old daughter borrow it. No, she didn't break it, she has decided it's hers. She's 8 going on 18 and it scares the crap out of me to think I'm going to have to deal with boy issues in the way too near future. She has a better sense of style at 8 than I did before I was 30. In fact, it wasn't until I started shopping with her that I started wearing anything besides baggy t-shirts and jeans (usually my husband's). For Christmas she wanted a cellphone (which she DIDN'T get, and won't for a long time) and last week she used her allowance to buy stick-on nails, and asked Aunt Gayle (who is a hairdresser) to put a few highlights in her hair when she was touching up my greying roots. Of course she said yes, and they look gorgeous. It almost makes me relieved when she reverts back to acting like she's 2 when she's in a bad mood.(Almost) I'm not ready for her to grow up yet. Anyway, here are some photos I took of her when I was doing photography for a youth Valentines dance a couple weeks ago.


1 comment:

Nicole Lund said...

I have to tell you how pretty these pictures are. I like the baloon background too!