Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring!


This is what I see outside my backdoor right now. My kids and I went to the park this afternoon and as I was siiting on the bench watching them play an aquaintance asked what was new with our family. I could not think of a single thing. I'm not sure if that's because my life is really just one endless round of diapers, homework, housework and the occaisional scrapbooking session or if I'm just terrible at describing things. After all, yesterday when my oldest asked me what the movie "Forest Gump" was about I said "Uh its about a man named Forrest Gump, and well, it starts when he's a kid and its just kind of about his life..." My husband interupted at this point with disgust and told her "Its about the evolution of american culture as seen through eyes of one man."

Um, okay. So while I can't see through the dirty dishes to describe what's new for us right now, I'm sure there are some deep and profound things going on and I will see them clearly in hindsight. Happy Spring!

No comments: